In Support of Jesse's Journey
August 1 - 31, 2020
Former Cobourg resident, Brian Connor, created Brian’s Rice Lake Challenge in 2008. For the past 11 years, Brian has done an annual swim of 4.5 KM at Rice Lake in memory of his two brothers, Kevin and Terry, who sadly lost their battle with Duchenne muscular dystrophy at very early ages.
Every year the event has grown by adding new components and new friends to participate and raise funds to support Jesse's Journey, Canada's leading charity to defeat Duchenne.
Due to COVID-19, the event has gone virtual to ensure everyone's health and safety, but this means you can participate in any way, at any place, and any day of your choice!
Join Brian and host your own challenge by following these three easy steps:
1. Register and fundraise online
- Register as an individual or create/join a team
- Personalize your fundraising page with your "why" (why are you participating, what is your challenge, how are you hoping others will support you, etc.)
2. Set your distance
- Choose to swim, cycle, walk or stand up paddleboard
- Set your distance
- Choose your place(s) and time(s) to complete your challenge throughout August
3. Share your progress
- Ensure your social media is public, use #DefeatDuchenne, and tag Jesse's Journey for them to share your participation: Facebook: @DefeatDuchenne, Twitter: @jesses_journey, Instagram: @jesses_journey
- Send your pictures and videos to Rochelle ten Haaf, Manager of Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement at Jesse's Journey: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All photographs and videos , will be used to create a "thank you" video to celebrate your support in raising funds for the most common fatal genetic disease diagnosed in childhood, Duchenne muscular dystrophy collected by Monday, August 24, 2020
Want to register online but collect donations in person? Click here to print off the pledge form.
Can't participate but want to support? You can choose to donate towards a specific individual or team by clicking "search participant" or "search team", or click the "donate" button above to support the whole event.