In Support of Jesse's Journey
Saturday, August 29, 2020
Former Cobourg resident Brian Connor created Brian’s Rice Lake Challenge in 2008. Brian swims annually in memory of his two brothers, Kevin and Terry, who sadly lost their battle with Duchenne muscular dystrophy at very early ages.
On Saturday August 29, swimmers, cyclists, walkers, stand-up paddleboarders, and canoeists will come together to fundraise to support Duchenne research. Register to participate and fundraise, or donate to someone already participating:
- Swim across Rice Lake with event organizers, Brian and George (4.5 km)
- Greet Brian, George and all swimmers as they come out of the water between 10:30 and 11 a.m. at Gores Landing Dock
- Bike 100 km around Rice Lake
- Begins at 6:00 a.m. from Gores Landing Dock
1. Tyler's Walk to Defeat Duchenne (3 km or 6 km)
- Registration at 9:00 a.m. at Gores Landing Dock
- Walk begins at 9:30 a.m. from Gores Landing Dock
2. Walk to Gores Landing Dock (22 km)
- Starts from Victoria Park at 6 a.m.
- Join Brandy Dogan Stand-Up Paddleboarding across Rice Lake (4.5 km)
Want to register online but collect donations in person? Click here to print off the pledge form.